Age Spot and Sunspot Removal
Our Medi Spa at Ridgewood Hill offers age and sunspot removal as well as other skin rejuvenation treatments to patients in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas including Salem, Blacksburg, Lynchburg and West Virginia, who desire healthy, glowing skin.
What are Age Spots and Sunspots?
Age spots and sunspots are flat pigmentations on the face, neck and other sun-exposed areas that appear because of overexposure to the sun. While they are typically harmless, many patients elect to have them removed for aesthetic reasons.
Benefits of Age Spot and Sun spot Removal
- More even skin tone
- Minimal downtime
- Quick procedure that takes about 15–20 minutes to complete
- Can be combined with other cosmetic treatments
How Do You Remove Age and Sunspots?
Although there are many treatments to remove age and sunspots, Dr. Wray uses two primary methods for treating these issues. Determining which option is best will depend on the appearance of the sunspot.
- Laser Removal Treatment. Laser removal is the preferred option for sunspots, age spots and freckles as it removes the discoloration without damaging surrounding skin. The treatment involves delivering short pulses of light to the targeted area to remove the spots. Most patients who undergo laser removal treatments compare it to the feeling of having rubber bands snapped against the skin. It usually takes two to three treatments to achieve the best results.
- BroadBand Light™ (BBL) Treatment. For any sun damage or darkened pigmentation that is more widespread, treatments involving BroadBand Light™ are typically recommended. It penetrates the targeted areas to diminish and remove the discoloration. Also, BBL can be used on rosacea and other reddening of the skin. It usually takes two to three treatments to obtain the best results.
Preparing for Age and Sunspot Removal
Typically, to prepare for removing age and sunspots, we recommend the following steps for laser treatment:
- Careful evaluation of skin tone and color prior to the procedure
- No outdoor or indoor tanning of the area to be treated for at least one month
- No waxing, chemical peels or filler injections for at least two weeks prior to the procedure
- No deodorant or other products such as perfume that may irritate the skin around the treatment area before and after treatment
Age Spot and Sunspot Removal Recovery
One of the biggest advantages of laser or BBL treatment for discoloration or redness is that there is no post-procedure care required. You can immediately get back to your regular activities. You will likely experience a darkening of the treated areas that will take about three weeks to go away. During that time it is fine to use camouflage make-up on these areas. For both laser treatment options, full results are visible within about three weeks following the treatment.
How Much Does Age Spot and Sunspot Removal Cost?
The cost of age and sun spot removal treatment varies based on patient and level of treatment. We accept cash, checks and credit cards including VISA®, MasterCard® and Discover®. We also offer financing through CareCredit®. Payment in full is required prior to or at the time of your procedure.
Is Age Spot and Sunspot Removal Right for Me?
Dr. Wray or one of the trained Medispa staff will evaluate your skin and determine if laser treatment will achieve your goals, as well as determine which laser treatment will work best.
“Melissa is extremely competent in skin care and very concerned with patient comfort!” – 5/26/15
Why Choose The Medi Spa at Ridgewood Hill?
- Well trained and experienced professional staff supervised by Dr. Wray
- Thoroughly answers questions and designs personalized treatment plans
- Proven cosmetic services
- Inviting spa-like atmosphere
Restore, repair and revitalize! Our team of skilled aesthetic professionals takes time to get to know you as an individual, evaluating your physical concerns and developing a treatment plan that works for you. We utilize advanced technologies to help patients achieve and maintain optimum skin health and aesthetic appearance. Please contact us today to schedule your consultation.