Frustrated trying to get that eye liner line to look even? Losing your brows? Want your lips to pop even if you don’t have lipstick on? We can give you a natural looking highlight to your eyes or lips so they always look great!
What is Permanent Make-Up?
Permanent make-up is a cosmetic treatment that involves tattooing long-lasting inks into areas of the face where make-up is applied, such as on the eyelids, brows or lips. It can be done with a natural appearance or in a more dramatic way. Permanent make-up is also used to help cover areas of irregular pigmentation.
Benefits of Permanent Make-Up
- Makes getting ready every day easier and faster
- Eliminates trying to put liner on evenly every day
- Reduces the need for additional make-up
- Reduces issues with contact lenses
- Ideal for people who suffer from make-up allergies
- Gives the eyes, brows and lips more definition even without makeup
How are Permanent Make-Up Procedures Performed?
Permanent make-up procedures are done by Melissa Miles, licensed master esthetician and cosmetic tattooer, who has over twelve years of experience with permanent makeup. The ink is actually implanted into the skin with a hand held device and, like a regular tattoo, cannot be washed off. Because permanent make-up is typically placed over such a fine area, the pigment will tend to fade over time. As a result, touch ups may be required, usually in three to seven years. The average amount of time taken to apply permanent make-up is about two to three hours.
Preparing for Permanent Make-Up
- Your color choices and desired look will be carefully discussed and tested before the procedure.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications, including ibuprofen and aspirin, Vitamin E, fish oil for two weeks before the procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol for three days before the procedure
Permanent Make-Up Recovery
The areas where the permanent make-up is applied may be very shiny for several days following the procedure because that area is healing and requires a little ointment to aid in the process. There will be some swelling especially with lip tattooing. Lips tend to take a bit longer to heal than the eyes and eyebrows.
What is the Cost of Permanent Make-Up?
The cost of permanent make-up varies with each patient depending on the extent of the permanent make-up and the method of application. We accept cash, checks and credit cards including VISA®, MasterCard® and Discover®. We also offer financing through CareCredit®. Payment in full is required prior to your procedure.
Is Permanent Make-Up Right for Me?
Permanent make-up is ideal for people who wish to have a long-lasting result without having to repeatedly apply make-up.
- It is very helpful for people who tend to sweat or swim a lot, causing typical make-up to run
- It is ideal for anyone who has difficulty applying even lines, especially to the eyelids
- It saves time putting make up on every day
- It is contraindicated with anyone who has an allergy to the pigment dyes
“Melissa is trained and licensed in permanent makeup and has provided cosmetic tattooing for the eyes, brows, and lips for over 13 years. With her experience and attention to detail, she strives to achieve amazing results. Melissa is passionate about skin care and helping her patients add to their natural beauty and health.”
Why Choose The Medi Spa at Ridgewood Hill?
- Well trained and experienced professional staff supervised by Dr. Wray
- Thoroughly answers questions & designs personalized treatment plans
- Proven cosmetic services
- Inviting spa-like atmosphere
Restore, repair and revitalize! Our team of skilled aesthetic professionals takes time to get to know you as an individual, evaluating your physical concerns and developing a treatment plan that works for you. We utilize advanced technology to help you achieve and maintain optimum skin health and aesthetic appearance. Please contact us today to schedule your consultation.