The Medi Spa at Ridgewood Hill offers micropeel treatments to patients in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas including Salem, Blacksburg, Lynchburg and West Virginia, who desire smoother looking skin.
What is a Micropeel?
A micropeel is a skin rejuvenation treatment that gently exfoliates the skin to improve skin imperfections from sun damage. It gives your skin a smoother feel overall.
Possible Benefits of Micropeel
- Non-surgical and minimally invasive
- Lessens hyperpigmentation
- Refreshes the skin
- Diminishes fine lines and roughness
How is a Micropeel Performed?
With a micropeel, a hand held surgical blade is gently moved across the face to exfoliate and loosen damaged skin. AHA fruit acid is applied to enhance exfoliation, skin tone, increase radiance and diminish fine lines and wrinkles. The procedure takes about 30 minutes and may be combined with other cosmetic treatments.
Preparing for a Micropeel
To prepare for a micropeel, it is necessary to wash your face with a non-oily, non-soap cleanser to ensure that the face is primed and ready for the treatment. Additionally, we also recommend:
- Avoid Retin-A and other exfoliating creams one to three days in advance of the treatment.
- No outdoor or indoor tanning, tanning creams/sprays beginning at least one week before treatment
- No waxing the skin to be treated three to four weeks prior to micropeel
- Take antibiotics or anti-viral medications prior to procedure, if necessary
There is no recovery time involved with a micropeel. However, it is important to follow protocol with the procedure by maintaining a gentle facial cleansing and moisturizing regimen to sustain the results. If there is any discomfort following the treatments, cold compresses and anti-inflammatory creams typically offer relief. To maintain the results, we recommend receiving one treatment each month.
How Much Does a Micropeel Cost?
The cost of a micropeel varies based on patient and areas of treatment. We accept cash, checks and credit cards including VISA®, MasterCard® and Discover®. We also offer financing through CareCredit®. Payment in full is required prior to your procedure.
Is a Micropeel the Best Option for Me?
This procedure is a great option if you have fine lines, rough skin, hyperpigmentation, acne and other skin issues.
“Once I arrive I very quickly get called back. I barely have time to even pick up a magazine. That is impressive.” Submitted 3/5/2013
Why Choose the Medi Spa at Ridgewood Hill?
- Well trained and experienced professional staff supervised by Dr. Wray
- Thoroughly answers questions & designs personalized treatment plans
- Cosmetic surgery expertise for skin care
- Proven cosmetic services
- Inviting spa-like atmosphere
Restore, repair and revitalize! Our team of skilled aesthetic professionals takes time to get to know you as an individual, evaluating your physical concerns and developing a treatment plan that works for you. We utilize advanced technologies to help patients achieve and maintain optimum skin health and aesthetic appearance. Please contact us today to schedule your consultation.