What is the difference between a regular spa and a medi spa in Roanoke, VA? A regular spa is a comfortable and relaxing place where you can get cosmetic treatments for your face and other parts of your body. You feel pampered and refreshed when you go home. A medi spa is all of the above and much more. Headed by a physician, a medi spa offers medical procedures such as therapeutic chemical peels and laser treatments that you will not find in a regular spa to help you have healthy, more youthful-looking skin.
Here are five good reasons to visit our medi spa in Roanoke, VA:
1. Medical spas provide comprehensive skin care that includes a consultation, therapies and home-care guidance for your individual issues and lifestyle. Your skin is analyzed by experts and treatments are prescribed from there. Many treatments are offered that are also found in dermatologist’s offices.
2. At our medi spa, you will have access to medical procedures that reach the deeper layers of skin for long-lasting results. For example, even if a regular spa offers chemical peels, it will address the superficial layer of skin. Because a medical spa is headed by a physician, the chemical peels it offers can be much more effective.
3. Laser hair removal is available at our medi spa in Roanoke, VA. These treatments cannot be done at a day spa and are usually found in a dermatologist’s office. Laser hair removal targets the pigment in the hair follicle, destroying it with heat so that it cannot continue to grow hair. It gives a permanent reduction of unwanted hair and smooth skin.
4. Medical spas provide injectables such as BOTOX® and Juvederm®. These treatments are typically found in cosmetic surgery clinics or a dermatologist’s office.
5. At our medi spa, you’ll be under the supervision of a physician and a team of qualified medical professionals. This simply isn’t the case when you visit a day spa.
Whether you want to pamper yourself or you want to address serious skin issues such as the effects of aging on your appearance, acne and acne scars, visiting The Medi Spa at Ridgewood Hill is your best option. Contact us today to schedule a consultation at our office in Salem, VA!