Dr. Carol Wray is a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs facelifts on patients in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas including Salem, Blacksburg, Lynchburg and West Virginia, who want to look younger by tightening sagging skin that comes with aging, dramatic weight loss or genetics.
What Does a Facelift and Mini Facelift Accomplish?
Facelifts in general lift and tighten the lower facial skin. Also known as a rhytidectomy, a standard facelift will address the neck, jawline and cheek areas and a mini facelift addresses just the neck and jawline.
Benefits of a Facelift
- Improves a saggy neck, jowls and cheeks
- Gives a refreshed and younger appearance
- Diminishes facial lines and wrinkles
How is a Facelift Performed?
Incisions are made in the sideburns, around the ears and into the hairline behind the ears. A small incision is also made under the chin to further address the neck line. The skin is elevated, and the underlying tissues are lifted and tightened to help define the neck and jawline. Excess fat in the neck is removed. The cheek fat is also pulled upwards. The excess skin is trimmed to give an overall smoother and tighter appearance.
Preparing for a Facelift
Patients must prepare for a facelift with Dr. Wray by meeting with her for an evaluation of their medical health and history as well as a consultation about what they want out of a facelift. Additionally, she may request the following steps to prepare for the surgery:
- Medical check-up and lab tests
- Stop smoking and use of all nicotine products at least two weeks prior to surgery
- Stop taking any vitamins and nutritional supplements at least two weeks before surgery
- Stop taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs 2 weeks prior to surgery
- Make at-home preparations for post-surgery recovery
- Arrange for someone to transport you to and from the procedure, stay with you that day and night, and bring you back the following day for a check up
There will be swelling and tightness following the procedure. Bruising around the neck and sides of the face may take two to three weeks to disappear but the use of camouflage makeup can improve the discoloration. Some swelling in the cheek area may persist for about 6 to 8 weeks. Stitches are removed within a week. You cannot do any strenuous exercise for a month following surgery. However, gentle movement such as walking is encouraged during your healing phase. Most people will take one to two weeks off for recovery before returning to work.
Immediately after the dressing is removed, the face will look pulled. After about a week this will diminish. You will see an improvement in the neck area almost immediately. The improvement achieved with a facelift can last for many years.
How much does a Facelift Cost?
The cost of a facelift varies with each patient just as the procedure does. During your consultation, we will discuss the costs associated with a facelift including financing options with CareCredit®. We require full payment for the selected procedure(s) in advance and accept cash, check, and major credit cards including MasterCard®, VISA®, and Discover®.
“I have been very pleased with all my experiences with Dr. Wray. I am thankful to have her as my doctor.” – 6/26/15
Why Choose Dr. Wray?
Dr. Wray is well versed in the latest technological advances, ensuring that patients get the quality and personalized care they deserve.
- Over 25 years of experience performing plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures
- The only female board-certified plastic surgeon in the Roanoke Valley area
- Thoroughly answers questions & designs personalized treatment plans
- Experienced and caring staff makes patients feel welcome and comfortable
What Should I Expect from My Consultation?
Following an evaluation of your medical history, health and physical exam, Dr. Wray will address your concerns and goals and answer all your questions. Your satisfaction is a top priority and her goal is to make sure you are educated about options and possible procedures.
Dr.Carol Wray is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and offers aesthetic plastic surgery and other in-office nonsurgical cosmetic procedures for the residents in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas including Salem, Blacksburg, Lynchburg and West Virginia. Please contact us to schedule your consultation.